Pipe bursting allows the replacement of old or damaged pipes without the need for a traditional construction trench. An expanding device is inserted into the defective pipeline, bursting the pipe and drawing in the new line for the pipe replacement.
- Can be operated from existing manholes
- Bursts through clay-ware, pitch fibre, concrete, asbestos cement and other common materials
- Pipe diameters of 75mm, 100mm and 150mm in lengths of up to 50 metres
- New pipe is either short section or continuously welded in MDPE or HDPE
- New pipes have a design life of three or four times that of a repaired pipe